Thursday, February 7, 2008

A deep breath of fresh air

Yesterday I needed to wear long pants for work. None - NONE- of the jeans in my cupboard fitted. And it's only been 2-3 months since they did. There was pain involved in the amount of muffin top if I did get them to do up. And a whole lot of double-parked truck arse behind. (with the wisdom of hindsight- the image of the myself that morning may have directly related to my screaming fit mood of yesterday evening)

So...
Today I went to the gym. It wasn't that much of an effort really. A friend from work was going at lunchtime and I just said - take me with you when you go. I was sweating after about 3 minutes on the cross trainer. I had my heart rate up at 140-170 for 10+15+10+5 minutes on xtrainer-bike-rower-treadmill. I felt better all afternoon. I roared less this evening. I now feel tired with good reason and know I will probably sleep well tonight. I will write notes to remind myself that EXERCISE MAKES ME FEEL GOOD AND LOOK BETTER (and should save me money on clothes)

And I had packed an apple and a salad with tuna for lunch. Easy. Cheap. No temptations.

Easter is 6 weeks away and I will be wearing my jeans again by then. There - I said it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home